Thursday, July 14, 2005

Why Baloo...WHY ?!?!?

I am fretting! Baloo has starting "tinkling" upstairs now and I don't know why. Don't I dote on him enough? Is the fact that he is spoiled rotten a factor?

We had a bad storm yesterday and my satellite signal died on the tv so I went into my guest room to turn on the tv with the rabbit ears and see if I needed to take cover. I kept smelling something and found that Baloo took a leak on the pillow, it was still wet. I was furious! But I know you are not supposed to try to discipline a cat in the same way you would a dog, so I had to let it go. I threw out the pillow and sprayed down the sham and washed it. I can still faintly smell it, and I'll try to wash it once more.

Anyhoo....I closed the door to that room so he no longer has access to it. This morning before heading out to work, I just happened to check my office/upstairs den to make sure he hadn't tinkled on the futon. Nothing there. But when I checked the cool red elephant print arm chair, that's where I discovered his new location. It was wet too! I sprayed it down and decided I needed to banish him to the basement den. I am hoping he doesn't use it on one of the two chairs down there. I have already removed the cushions from a little loveseat I had down there when I discovered his first mistake over the weekend.

What am I going to do with this cat. I can't have him urinating all over the house. I'm going to try to get a urine sample tonight and take it to the vet tomorrow to make sure he doesn't have an infection or something....otherwise, I'm afraid I might have to get rid of my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment